Monday, February 16, 2009

Chinese Valentine's Dinner at Tony Roma

This year, my hubby and I had early Valentine’s celebration. We decided to have dinner on 9th Feb (Chap Goh Mei) - Chinese Valentine’s Day. The reason was he will be going to Bangkok for one month job attachment starting from 10th Feb, and not able to celebrate Valentine’s Day with me.

Since I love “meats” and “ribs”, my hubby decided to bring me to Tony Roma. He tried this restaurant with his friend before and he thinks its worth to dine at there again. Of cause I agreed with him since I’ve been longing to try out this restaurant also!

Tony Roma has a few branches around Klang Valley : The curve, The garden and Sunway pyramid. We choose to dine at the nearest branch at The Garden. The advantage of having an early celebration is no reservation required, no traffic jam and lots of parking bay available! We walked in and make our own choice of seats, since its Monday and there are a lot of vacant seats.

I look at the Menu for a few minutes, and decided to give up. I think the fastest way to order is to get the waiter’s help. Indeed, within few minutes we decided to follow the waiter’s recommendation and ordered one bowl of soup, one starter, one main course and one cup of free-flow juice. It sounds too little for me, and I’m thinking to add on another main course later.

Here is what we ordered:

Soup:

Baked Potato Soup
Topped with grated cheddar cheese, bacon and chives.

I can’t resist on cheese and bacon... it’s a really fast decision for soup..

Starter:

Onion Loaf
Giant hand-cut Spanish onions, breaded, deep fried and served with our house BBQ dipping sauce

There are two types of serving size: Full @ RM19.90 and Half @ RM16.90. My hubby intended to go for full since it’s only RM3.00 different. (My hubby is always good in calculation) However, the waiter advised us to take Half Loaf instead, because we have only 2 persons and full loaf will be too much for us. After consider sparing our stomach for main course, we ordered Half loaf as recommended.

Main Course:

Roma Rack
3 pieces of Beef ribs with 2 choices of side dish

Again, now is the choice between Roma Rack @ RM49.90 and Full Rack @ RM69.90. The waiter recommended us to take Roma Rack which consist of 3 pieces of beef ribs. Even though I think 3 pieces are too little for both of us (people who knows me will understand this, I’m definitely not a small eater), however, looking at the sincerity of the waiter, I decided to follow what his recommended. (Actually I’m thinking to try other main course if really not enough later on..hehe..)

They served us a small piece of French Bun with garlic butter in short while.
Then follow by Free-flow mango juice.

After few seconds, here come the baked potato soup.. This is the best soup I ever try… even it’s a bit salty, but it’s thick enough and smell and taste really nice. I’m satisfied with the generous amount of bacon also.




The Onion Loaf served few minutes later.. It tastes exactly like Onion rings except it stick together, and you need to separate it out before put into your mouth. I start to feel full, after finish the half of the Half Onion Loaf!! I decided to stop because I still want to enjoy our main course – The ribs…


Finally, here comes the Roma Rack… It looks so crispy and delicious. It was really awesome - a little crispy on the outside, but the meat was still soft enough to come off the bones easily. They are prepared with some special red sauce that tastes nice with meats… After finish one piece, I surrender myself; too full… and let my hubby had the other 2 pieces. My stomach got no more rooms for other main course and dessert! And we still got 2 side dishes, half bowl of soup and half of half loaf onion! This rarely happened to me as I have the well-known bottomless stomach!

Lastly, we requested the waiter to help us “tapao” the Onion loaf and fries, and asked for bills. The total bill cost us RM85, and the waiter told us to vote for him online by providing the bill number, if we think his service is good. He told us he can get a reward if he been vote as the best service staff of the month.

Here I would like to take opportunity to say sorry to the waiter, I do think that he provided us a good service, but I can’t vote for him, because I misplaced the bill. By the way, I think this kind of competition is really good to motivate the staff to perform, at the same time to build up company reputation by provide good service to customer.





3 comments:

Julz said...

wah.. finally your blog is moving. lol

Anne Saw said...

yeah.. am trying to move it more often..

Julz said...

can't help noticing that the plastic napking is making yew choy looking like a small kid having a meal...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin