Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentine's Celebration

This year I have a very special Valentine's celebration.. I'm not celebrating with my hubby, but with my best friend - Shelyn ! My hubby and her bf was away to Thailand for works, and we two lonely ladies, decided to make it a special day for ourselves..
Before we decide on what to do on this day, Shelyn asked me: "What are the things you can't do with your hubby?" Without a second thought, I replied: " Sing K lor.. my hubby doesn't like to sing." Hmm.. it's truth, but this is not a special things to do on this special day.. After that I told Shelyn: " Why don't we pamper ourselves with Spa treatment on that day? and we can go shopping as well.." "Ya," this time Shelyn reply spontaneously, "I can't shopping with Don"..

So, it's decided, and later on Shelyn sent me a link to Jojoba promotion, RM260++ for Valentine spa package for 2 pax, and asked me to call for reservatation.
I called to reserve the package on 14th Feb, 2pm. I asked the receptionist whether it's located at Times Square, she answered me yes. She confirmed my booking and told us the price will be RM299 for non-member. I then confirmed with shelyn that booking done, without notice that I've actually done something wrong.
On Valentine's day, I'm so happy and reached Times Square on 1:20pm. Shelyn was late because it's crowded and hard to get carpark in Times Square. Lastly she able to reach on 2pm and we proceed to Jojaba Spa located at Level 15 of Times Square Hotel.

After we reach, we told the receiptionist that we have reservation on 2pm, but they are not able to find our record in their list. They told me i might call to the wrong branch for booking as many peoples done the same mistake. Honestly, I about to get angry and going to show them my black face, because I'm so confident that I called the correct branch, and think that they don't admit their mistake. I show them the number that I call, very confidently, and then so embarass that that lady told me i actually called to Rimba Spa at Royale Bintang ! I was like "Har? Really? Die lor".. coz i would have let Shelyn down, and we can't enjoy our Spa, because it's too late to rush to Royale Bintang ..

Luckily the lady is nice, she then told us we can go for another package but not the Valentine package because the room with shower facility are occupied. She then recommend us Jojoba Ultimate which cost RM280+ per pax. However, it's over our budget. After seeing us in a pity face, the lady went to her manager and come back to us with a good news. They agree to offer us for RM299++ for 2 pax for the Jojoba Ultimate package. That's nice! Shelyn and I agree and proceed to the treatment.

Our treatment first start with Ear Candle treatment, together with shoulder and ear massage. I felt so comfortable and felt asleep. I don't really know what the therapist did, just noticed she put a candle into my ear, and massage my shoulder and arround my ear.

This is what i found from web, some details on ear candle treatment:

"How do ear candles work?
The healing properties of the Hopi
ear candle has its foundation in two primary physical actions. First, the slight pressure created inside the ear candle, and the vibration of the rising air column, serve to gently massage the ear drum and promote secretion in the frontal and paranasal sinuses. This has an immediate effect of regulating ear pressure. Users often describe a soothing, light sensation in the ear/head area. Second, the locally applied warmth stimulates vascularization, invigorates the immune system, and reinforces the flow of lymph.
Ear candles users often report successful treatment of nose and throat congestion, sinusitis (or other sinus problems), headaches, T.M.J. pain, tinnitus earaches, and swimmers ear. Most day spas and other relaxation professionals will offer ear candling, because ear candles are an ideal relaxation treatment for stress or anxiety related symptoms. Ear candles, generally speaking, tend to soften earwax for easy removal At the same time, important acupuncture points and reflex zones are stimulated, causing further relaxation of the muscles in and around the ear, which can also help the ear and sinuses to open up."

After the ear candle treatment, we continue with Aromatherapy massage. The therapist massage technique is really good, even better than Thai massage i did at Phuket. I was so comfortable and sleep again, until she woke me up and ask would I allow for breast massage. I agree and then they continue for the breast massage.
After massage here come Aroma eye pillow treatment. After that it end with facial and mask treatment. The 120 mins treatment ended with a fresh and awaken me, I'm quite satisfied with this treatment. While waiting for Shelyn for changing her clothes, the therapist showed me my ear wax from the ear candle treatment.. Wah, it was a lot, and I really don't know when they collected that.

We walked out from the room and took a few photo:

Me and Shelyn


Nice ambience

Time to pay, it cost us RM343.85 after added tax for 2 pax. I think it's worth for the treatment and service we received. Another good things is they didn't waste our time by doing their marketing to persuade us to join as member. I will definitely make Jojoba my choice for next Spa treatment.

5 comments:

Shelyn said...

Eh.. was I closing my eyes ah? Aiyo... anyway, welcome to the blogging world!!

Nice entry!

Anonymous said...

the bst thing for ear infection is the eardoc- it is not invasive and treats the problem rather than the symptom www.eardoc.info

DS said...

I went to the one at De Royale Bintang with my hubby and it was good as well!

Anne Saw said...

No no.. you not closing your eyes.. just having red eyes..

Anonymous said...

Em....sounds tempting enuff, makes me feel like trying also!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin