Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Having Pepper Lunch as Valentine’s dinner

Yes, believe in your eyes; Shelyn and I had our Valentine’s Dinner at “Pepper Lunch”. My plan was actually to have our Valentine’s dinner at another restaurant at Pavillion with more romantic ambience. However, it was fully booked. As Shelyn’s guide of Pavillion (She never been to Pavillion before), I brought her to look around for foods.

Finally, we saw this restaurant “Pepper Lunch” at the same floor as “Food Republic”. Since I read about this restaurant from newspaper, and Shelyn told me she reads it from blog before; we decided to try it out.


Shelyn ordered Salmon rice, and I ordered Hamburger beef steak and Chicken combo. We added RM2.50 for drinks and Shelyn added RM0.80 for cheese.


The foods served within few minutes, and the waiter is kind enough to brief us on how to deal with our foods. Our food was served in Sizzling Iron hot plate, and we supposed to do some cooking before eat, since "Pepper Lunch" labeled itself as "D.I.Y Steak Restaurant". There’s a paper label around the Iron plate, warning us for the hot iron plate and showing the steps to deal with our foods.

For Delicious Steak & Hamburger:

  1. Spread butter evenly
  2. Sizzle it till desired done

  3. Lastly, add special sauce (Their garlic soya sauce or honey brown sauce)

For Pepper Rice:
  1. Delicious butter hidden inside

  2. Mix evenly to cook well

  3. Lastly, add sauce!

If it's not clear enough, you can always look at the repeating video show on LCD monitor hanging on the wall.


My Hamburger Beef steak and Chicken combo served with a bowl of Japanese rice. The chicken taste normal but the steak is nice. No wonder it’s the signature dish of this restaurant.

However, I can’t taste any difference for the garlic soya sauce with compare to normal soya sauce. I didn’t try Salmon rice, so I leave it to Shelyn to comment on it.

Shelyn is busying taking photo to put on her blog

It cost me a total of RM27.30 for this meal: Hamburger beef steak and Chicken combo @ RM24.80 + Orange Juice @ RM2.50. I think it is worth for the quality of foods and the experience I had in preparing the foods myself.

2 comments:

Brian said...

You two go for Valentine's Dinner?

Anne Saw said...

yupe.. bcos our valentines are not in M'sia..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin