Friday, June 5, 2009

Garden Lifestyle Store and Cafe -- Fairyland for Diners!

After reading Shelyn's blog on Garden Cafe at 1 Utama, I finally got a chance to have dinner there with George. It's pretty hard to locate the shop, as 1U is like a labyrinth to me. After rang up Shelyn, consulted a know-nothing guard, finally I got the direction from the manager of Wah Chan. He told me Garden cafe is at LG and next to Studio R. There's another entrance through VOIR gallery also, so I believe they are under the same group.

It got a small reception next to the escalator. They have pretty reasonable price set lunch, from RM12.90 to RM19.90, served daily from 11am to 3pm.


Like it's name, Garden Cafe is decorated based on garden theme, which is a really nice concept! Imagine you are having tea and dinner in the garden, with lots of trees and flowers, it's feel like being in a fairyland.


The interior design is mainly made up by white and green.. White color wooden tables and chairs, a grand white piano as the centerpieces, with green artificial leaves and flowers nicely hanging along the ceiling to the wall.





I pretty admire their white color menu too.. It looks more like a scrapbook that suit to their garden theme.. those with little red beetles are their chef's recommended dish.




Little miao mee (cat) laying lazily on the flowerly bed...

There's a page in their menu showing the birth month flowers and what it means ...

November birth month flower is Chrysanthemum, with a meaning of Cheerfulness, Rest and Compassion, which i think is rather match my characteristic !

Garden cafe is also a lifestyle store that sell all the decoration item in the cafe including those artificial flowers. The concept is same as Fullhouse at NZX.




Despite the ambience, I'm quite happy with their food quality and service as well. George let me decide what to order. To be safe, I ordered those chef's recommended dish.

Cream of H2O - Cress Soup (RM7.90) - Creamy watercress soup, it taste nice!

As a meat's lover I also get Braised Lamb Shank (RM29.90) - It served with mash potato and spicy ratatouille. The meat is tender and juicy, gravy taste nice. Overall it worth a rating of 8/10.

I ordered Black pepper chicken chop(RM17.90) for George. He is quite happy with it, but I think it will be better with more stronger black pepper taste. I will give it 6/10.

For drinks I ordered one pot of Lavendar flower tea (RM7.90) and their signature - Soda Rose (RM11.90). The soda rose is quite nice but i think the price is rather expensive.

The cute rose shape spoon.

It's more worth to order Flower tea because it's for 2pax serving and free to refill hot water. You may also refill flower tea by paying RM2.00

For dessert, we got Red Apple Sorbet (RM9.90). It's actually half apple with the ice cream fillings. A special and nice dessert it is !! They got a variety of sorbets choice - Green Apple Sorbet, Lemon Sorbet, Red Apple Sorbet, Coconut Sorbet, Pineapple Sorbet and Orange Sorbet.


Overall, Garden cafe is a nice place for foods and gathering with friends. Their service is up to standard and the staff there is quite friendly. I will definitely recommend it to my friends and all the readers.

Garden Lifestyle Store and Cafe
Lot LG-308C, Lower Ground Floor
1 Utama Shopping Centre
Lebuh Bandar Utama
47800 Petaling Jaya
Selangor D. Ehsan

+603 7728 6441

5 comments:

Shelyn said...

eh.. correct mah.. I told you next to sport clothing shop and VOIR... haha...

I think they just changed their menu, last time I went the menu wasn't this nice.

fufu said...

hehehe... no directory in garden??? or no one to ask for the location??? this sound strange to me though.... but anyway anyway....nice ambience!! but quite expensive... still worth it ya... just for the atmosphere... must be very romantic having meal there with gf/bf =p

JC @ Jessey said...

*drolling~~~* It looks so tempting, especailly the Lamb Shank.. Because I'm a lamb lover.. I will definitely pay a visit to Garden Cafe!!! Thanks Anne.. =)

Anne Saw said...

hey..

Shelyn : You told me is next to sport clothing..didn't mentioned VOIR leh..there're a lot of sport clothing shop in 1U leh..lol..

Yea, the menu is nice... like Jimi scrapbook.. :)

Fufu : Got directory in 1U, but when search for Garden Cafe return 0 result! Dunno y..

I think the food price is still reasonable, but drinks rather expensive.

Jessey : Yea.. the lamb shank is nice!! And the ambience is worth to visit..

Ben said...

the foods price looks reasonable with good presentation and pretty nice ambiance ... very good coverage Anne ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin